Friday 2 January 2015

January is Get Organized Month

get_organized_month

Every January for the last 10 years the National Association of Professional Organizers and it’s member chapters have a real big go at instilling the hearty benefits of organisation and of course the services they offer!  Getting organized can help people with managing time, productivity, managing families, and it makes real sense that successful organization can greatly assist in relieving stress and anxiety. As I said yesterday when discussing Creativity Month then I was beginning to a assess the added influx of belongings into an tightly packed homestead. I am also starting to feel the need to decide which spelling to use! Do I work with an Anglicised ‘s’ in this word or a ‘z’ – a little confusing as this International Day had not originated in England so it also feels a bit rude to make a change to it!

Anyway let’s not get too bogged down in etymology and keep instead to the nub of the gist and instead get organised in January.

I know I woke yesterday on the first of the month (and indeed the first day of the year – woo hoo) exceptionally keen on making a great start. Some detritus stuffed surfaces got a clear off and I managed to easily summon up some rubbish to fill up my newly emptied wheelie bin. I also had a Mum like growl at the state of my daughter’s bedroom and gave her a nudge in the direction of relocating the floor! I’m not entirely sure if this wee spree at getting things into basic order was to do with it being the start of the year or whether it was because it was also the first day for a few where I was actually fit to do anything as I was icky for a wee bit. Well whatever the reason it does mean that there isn’t receipts and coupons littering the front of the TV and that’s nice! And there is scope for at least 30 more days of organisation round this place so it could be a busy month!

As far as Project Isabella goes then I need to begin populating The Library with articles so a calendar of articles will need to be organised – organized??

So do you have any strategies for streamlining your home or business and getting organized this month?