Friday 30 January 2009

stylish winter trees - artrage stencils free

So here is the third part of stenciled landscapes I guess. We have had some smooth rolling hills that you can build up in layers - a variety of skies to use and now for some winter trees -- I do have some more realistic trees I set up as Artrage stencils and an example of those was put out a week or so back (scroll down or flick through the categories or archives and you should unearth those) -- but today I quite like these. These I made today using a snippet filter on filter forge which is on it's last day of sale today - but if you miss it and you are reading this tomorrow or later than you should give the fully functional trial version a go. It is really useful and a LOT of fun. Filter forge is marketed as a Photoshop plugin but it works in Paint Shop Pro too and it also runs stand alone so if you don't have either then still try it. I use mine most of the time as a stand alone program and I use if joyfully everyday. I gave away some shapes the other day as stencils - some of those may make flowers. I think tomorrow we may move on to a whole new look entirely. I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend. Let me know if you try any of the stencils or you wnat any tips with filter forge if you give that a go.